One thing I've noticed whenever I return to Barcelona, step back into the flat and start unpacking is how living with just a few things can make life so much simpler. I feel lighter, freer.
I also went to Menorca for August with just 1 item of hand luggage, most of which was taken up with my laptop. And looking at my wardrobe afterwards I realised how much stuff I do not use with a strong urge to give the majority away. This urge also seems to arise whenever I take self-awareness courses and Training's, it's as if when I move something within me, I need to move the stuff around me too.
And you know what?
It feels so good!
Whilst we may not want to live out of a suitcase for the rest of our lives, significantly reducing and spring cleaning our living space can have numerous benefits...
1) Charities and those in need benefit from donated clothes and books etc.
2) Cleaning and clearing physical items around us helps shift the energy around us also... which in turn affects the energy within us too.
3) Getting rid of the old in our lives creates space for the new to come in. I remember a teacher once saying that before she manifested her life partner she literally cleared space in her house for this partner (that she had yet to meet) so could move in one day. As if she was saying to the Universe "I'm ready! I'm creating space in my life (and home) for a loved one to share it with me".
4) Life is simpler.
Number 4 alone is golden. I mean how full can life get sometimes? Bills, work, emails, chargers, passwords, food shops, cooking, cleaning, washing, commitments etc. Cutting back, sticking to essentials only can create so much SPACE.
Space to notice the freedom, presence and valuable small (Big) things in life.
Feeling overwhelmed? Stressed? Cluttered? Or simply looking to create change and bring new energy into your life?
Wardrobes, cupboards, drawers, asking yourself...
1) Is this necessary and important? If yes, keep it. If no move on to next step...
2) Is this meaningful, beautiful and something that puts a smile on my face? If yes, keep it if you wish. If no, time to release it.
Life can be so simple and beautifully rewarding.
Let's make it even more so and notice what shifts occur by doing so.
Have a friend seeking support? Offer a helping hand and share this post.
Want more? Full details on trainings, workshops, coaching, audios and more on my website.